Kluwer IP Law
What is IP Tools?
IP Tools are a facet of business intelligence designed to support the evolving role of the IP professional.
- Commercialisation of IP
- Identifying new or potential competitors and/or potential collaborators
- Identifying opportunities for licensing or partnering
- Building a picture of a company’s technology roadmap and the markets it is focusing on Identifying Commercial opportunities presented by expiration of patents
- Quantify the value of your IP swiftly;
- Obtain key data to ensure an accurate valuation of your IP from a multitude of sources;
- Access to reliable and contemporary figures to maximise the commercial potential of your IP;
- Determine the commercial value of your IP for various commercial / corporate ventures including: franchising, licensing, mergers and acquisitions, assignments and ancillary transactions.
- Search and obtain reports incorporating salient data and information about competitors;
- Investigate and analyse underlying technologies, licensing and transactions of competitors;
- Benchmark accurately utilising data and reports relevant to your industry and applicable IP right;
- Plan strategically relying on accurate company profiles and industry and competitor trends from a variety of sources.
- Quick and accurate information about a counter-party’s IP portfolio and commercial structure;
- Gain an understanding and graphical representation of a counter-party’s filing strategies;
- Obtain reports and information revealing a counter-party’s key technologies;
- Assess the probability of successful proceedings from a holistic perspective from varied sources;
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Determine the feasibility of potential partners by analysing data and information revealing IP and commercial patterns;
- View and analyse similar technologies and industries in a multitude of forms;
- Obtain agreement terms and statistics about required technologies to ensure viable acquisitions;
- Benchmark royalty rates and values speedily;
- Comprehensive particulars in various formats about a company’s IP portfolio;
- Gain an understanding of a company’s acquisition strategy – jurisdictions/ filings / technologies globally;
- Access to data and information about an industry;
- Quick and accurate figures about required technologies from a multitude of jurisdictions.